April Showers bring May Strengths @ Thrive Gym!
Join us in the month of April for our Squat Challenge at Thrive Gym!! We are always here to support our members in setting new goals (like this monthly challenge) to keep the workouts fresh and the glutes tight. Simply send your daily workout squat rep totals to: [email protected] and the largest individual squat total at the end of the month WINS! Those smoothie rewards are calling your name so set some goals, research new ways to squat and meet us @ Thrive Gym!
These days in the fitness industry, the squat is more of a beloved exercise and less of a hated one. With so many different types of squat variations available, you can incorporate a different type either daily or weekly and figure out which ones not only work the best for your individual goals but which ones produce the best results for your body type, Various Squat Types:
Wide Stance Squats
Narrow Stance Squats
Bulgarian Split Squats
Single Leg Squats
Time Under Tension Squats
With legs being the largest muscles in the body, a squat challenge is sure to kickstart your workout routine. Try a few different squat variations and add resistance if needed. Take pictures or videos and tag us in them on our Instagram and Facebook page to show off your progress!
ATTENTION: There will be No Morning Kids Care on Monday, April 5th!
Smoothie of the Month: PB & J
Spring Snack: Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bites
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2tbsp honey
- freshly chopped berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
How to make:
- line a muffin tin with cupcake liners
- stir: crushed almonds, coconut sugar, and coconut oil together
- spoon a small amount into bottom of each tin
- stir: yogurt and honey
- spoon into each tin (about 2 tbsp)
- top with the freshly chopped berries
- put them in the freezer until firm (6 about hours)
- allow to set at room temp for 8-10 minutes before enjoying!!!
Thrive Gym Kids Care Update: OPEN
Thrive Kids Care is back and better than ever through a promotion of movement and wellness for even our littlest members. We can’t wait to share our class format with your children to ensure the whole family’s health is benefited by your visit to Thrive Gym. We added a child size smoothie to our menu so both you and your children can benefit from a post workout treat!
$5 Drop In Fee – 1 Hour Time Limit
NO KIDS CARE ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR SUNDAY
Message from the Owner
We love NEW things at Thrive Gym…New Equipment, New LIVE GE Classes and New Challenges but appreciate sharing the same sterile facility and supportive staff with all of you monthly! Our vision at Thrive Gym is to create an environment where members of all fitness levels can optimize their personal wellness goals and feel comfortable doing so, we can not thank you enough for your continued support in helping us make that happen. Bring on the spring sunshine and fitness goals in April, we can’t wait to help you LIVE IN A BODY THAT FEELS GREAT!
Dr. Kaaren Vargas
Exercise of the Month: Dumbbell Deficit Reverse Lunge
Grasp a dumbbell in one hand (or both hands) and stand on a step or block that raises you a few inches above the floor. Step back with your right foot and lower your body until your left thigh is parallel to the floor and your rear knee nearly touches the floor. Keep your torso upright. Step forward to return to the starting position. Alternate legs for 3 sets of 10 reps.
Live Group Exercise Schedule
NO KIDS CARE 4/5
- 5:45am-6:15am (30) Pyramid Strength w/Kathy
- 9:00am-9:30am (30) Pyramid Strength w/Kathy
- 5:45pm-6:30pm (45) HIIT w/Autumn STARTING 4/12
- 5:45am-6:15am (30) Cardio HIIT w/Kathy
- 9:00am-9:30am (30) Cardio HIIT w/Kathy
- 6:30-7:15pm (45) Yoga + Strength w/Caitlin NO CLASS 4/3
- 5:45am-6:15am (30) Spin + Sculpt w/Kathy
- 8:30am-9:00am (30) Express Spin w/Kathy
- 9:00am-9:30am (30) Express Spin w/Kathy
- 5:45am-6:15am (30) HIIT Circuit w/Kathy
- 9:00am-9:30am (30) HIIT Circuit w/Kathy
- 8:00-9:45am (45) Spin (Kathy/Margaret/Autumn)
- 10:30am (45) Yoga + Meditation w/Caitlin
Fitness On Demand Virtual Class System
How To Use The iPad
- Press the home button to wake up the screen
- How To Choose and Play a Class
- Click on the ‘Videos’ tab
- Scroll through the classes and choose which one you would like to do
- Click on the class you would like to take
- Class details will pop up and you are able to read about the class and what equipment it requires
- Click on the play button in the middle of the screen and the class will start on the TV
We offer many different types of classes – mind & body, strength, spin, cardio, tabata, and more!!
Please follow us on our social media platforms for updates, news, motivational posts, fitness tips, and more!!
Do you have our Zen Planner Member App?
When you signed up for Thrive Gym, you should have gotten a welcome email that explained how you can download this app with a temporary password! If you did not receive this email or can’t find it, just send us an email and we will email you a link to get all signed up for our app!
What are the benefits of having our App?
– Reserving class and sauna spots. Following COVID-19 we are requiring members to reserve spots for our classes and for sauna sessions!
– To track your gym attendance
– Quickly contact us directly
– Easily edit your profile if your address/number/email changes