March brings Spring and we are springing into action to help you achieve your wellness goals in a safe and clean environment!!! We are so lucky to have such extraordinary members and we, at Thrive Gym, are focused on member satisfaction!! Our staff is approachable and knowledgeable so please don’t hesitate to ask us questions about our March fitness challenge, the smoothie of the month and new affordable personal training options. We are here to help you on your wellness journey towards “Living in a Body That Feels Great”!
With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, here is a healthy green treat for you to try out!
Green Goddess Grilled Cheese
- whole grain bread
- havarti and mozzarella cheese
- alfalfa sprouts
- tomatillo or green tomato
How To Make
- Start with thin slices of avocado on one slice of bread
- Add a few slices of cheese, and then add the rest of the veggies
- Fire up the skillet, melt some butter, and fry up your healthy St. Patrick’s Day Sandwich!
March Smoothie of the Month: Tutti Fruity
Healthy Green Foods to Add to your Grocery List
- avocado (1 serving = 1/3 of medium avocado)
- broccoli (1 serving = 1/2 cup cooked)
- celery (1 serving = 2 large stocks)
- cucumber (1 serving = 1/2 cup sliced)
- zucchini (1 serving = 1/2 a zucchini)
- kiwi (1 serving = 2 small kiwis)
- kale (1 serving = 1 cup)
Message from the Owner
Green and Luck are the much-celebrated monthly themes of March and Thrive Gym is feeling LUCKY! We are so lucky to have such dedicated and loyal members putting forth the effort to get to the gym and reach the incredible wellness goals some of you have shared with us. Spring is just around the corner and now is the time to try a new class, design a new workout or meet with a personal trainer for optimal results…don’t leave it to luck, YOU can accomplish anything you set your mind to at Thrive Gym!
Dr. Kaaren Vargas
Thrive Gym Kids Care Update: OPEN
Thrive Kids Care is back and better than ever through a promotion of movement and wellness for even our littlest members. We can’t wait to share our class format with your children to ensure the whole family’s health is benefited by your visit to Thrive Gym. We added a child size smoothie to our menu so both you and your children can benefit from a post workout treat!
$5 Drop In Fee – 1 Hour Time Limit
NO KIDS CARE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY
Exercise of the Month: Thoracic Rotation
LIVE GROUP EXERCISE CLASS SCHEDULE
- 5:45am (30) Pyramid Strength
- 9:00am (30) Pyramid Strength
- In a Strength Training class, members can expect to use a variety of different equipment, which will contribute to their workout where they will build strength, get lean and toned, and develop coordination and balance.
- 5:45am (30) HIIT
- 9:00am (30) HIIT
- 10:00am (30) HIIT
- 6:30pm (45) Yoga + Meditation w/ Caitlin
- HIIT classes involve high-intensity bursts of work with only short rest periods in between, so going to a HIIT class is an exercise in extreme energy expenditure.
- 5:45am (30) Spin & Sculpt
- 8:30am (30) Muscle Works
- 9:00am (30) Muscle Works
- The Spin and Sculpt class is one of the few fitness classes that covers two exercises that normally have their own classes. Combining weight training with intense bursts of cardio cycling to receive optimal results of an extreme HIIT class.
- 5:45am (30) HIIT Circuit
- 9:00am (30) HIIT Circuit
- 10:00am (30) HIIT Circuit
HIIT Circuit classes involve set stations that include high-intensity bursts of work and body resistance/strength training with only short rest periods in between, so going to a HIIT class is an exercise in extreme energy expenditure.
- 8:30am (45) Spin (Kathy/Margaret/Autumn)
- 10:30am (45) Yoga + Meditation w/ Caitlin
- 8:00am (30) HIIT w/ Maran
Fitness On Demand Virtual Class System
How To Use The iPad
- Press the home button to wake up the screen
- How To Choose and Play a Class
- Click on the ‘Videos’ tab
- Scroll through the classes and choose which one you would like to do
- Click on the class you would like to take
- Class details will pop up and you are able to read about the class and what equipment it requires
- Click on the play button in the middle of the screen and the class will start on the TV
We offer many different types of classes – expand the sections to see all classes that are available!
Let us help YOU Live In A Body That Feels Great!
Start TODAY!! Our certified personal trainers are ready to hold you accountable for crushing those fitness goals. Did you know they offer affordable 30min sessions and discounts for working out with a friend under group training rates? Please inquire at 319.499.1009 or via email at [email protected] we are here to help you LIVE IN A BODY THAT FEELS GREAT
Please follow us on our social media platforms for updates, news, motivational posts, fitness tips, and more!!
Do you have our Zen Planner Member App?
When you signed up for Thrive Gym, you should have gotten a welcome email that explained how you can download this app with a temporary password! If you did not receive this email or can’t find it, just send us an email and we will email you a link to get all signed up for our app!
What are the benefits of having this App?
– Reserving class and sauna spots. Following COVID-19 we are requiring members to reserve spots for our classes and for sauna sessions!
– To track your gym attendance
– Quickly contact us directly
– Easily edit your profile if your address/number/email changes
March 2021 Fitness Challenge:
At the end of February 2021, we will be added up your check-ins! The Thrive Gym Member with the most check-ins this month will receive 3 FREE SMOOTHIES! The 2nd member with the most check-ins will get 2 free smoothies and the 3rd member with the most check-ins will get 1 free smoothie!!
Make sure you stop by the front desk and check-in every time you come to the gym!
*the winners from the previous month’s challenge are not eligible to win two months in a row*